Giacomo’s Salumi – Soppresseta "Spicy" 1/2 Chub
Giacomo crafts this soppressata like the sweet version but with a hit of cayenne and red pepper for a taste that’s spicy but not overpowering. This salami is made the traditional way—by hand. Coarsely chopped meat is seasoned with garlic, wine, and fresh herbs for an old-world taste only artist Giacomo himself could create.
Care instructions for your artisan salami:
1) Once you open the plastic wrapper, never put the salami back in any type of plastic wrapper or it will mold.
2) Only peel back the casing as far as you plan on eating in one day. When you are ready to serve again, cut off a slice of the dry end that was exposed.
3) This is a coarse grind salami, so we recommend slicing it as thinly as possible with a very sharp knife. Translucently thin if possible!
4) Do not refrigerate the salami after opening it. It is cured, and will dry naturally in the open air. We recommend hanging it above your sink as it releases a small amount of natural pork grease.
5) As the salami ages, it will become more firm and flavorful in an old world style. Enjoy!!